In Western Australia, we have many different types of pests. The Pests prefer the warm indoor environment instead of the outdoors. Most people don’t like pests inside the home for many different reasons. The secret to dealing with pests is to have a great pest management plan in place for
- Ants there are many different types that can be a nuisance.
- Bed bugs
- Cock roaches
- Pantry moths
- Rats and mice
- Silver fish
Pests change with the different seasons
In Australia, there are certain times of the year when different pests become active. Below I have listed the most common examples. Some of the examples will be obvious as I am sure we have all been bitten by a mosquito or a fly. Or we have seen siders running around the floors or the ceilings.
- Mosquitos So as we all know the warmer weather increase biting insects in Perth such as mosquitoes. The warmer temperatures allow the mosquitos to move through there life cycle quickly. Because of the water around and the summer rain is the ideal environment to let the mosquitos breed.
- Ants are very active during the summer. Because they busy looking for food they can become a nuisance around the outdoors of your home. because we love to live outdoors
- Flies are a real problem in Australia some areas are worse than others. disposing of rubbish correctly and garden refuse will reduce the nuisance.
- Stinging insects such as bees and wasps. So they will try to build a nest in and around your home. Some times they even try to nestle in places like Evaporative air conditioners insects such as bees and wasps. They are attracted to the water.
- Termites are the most productive in the summertime. Because the ants continue to consume food. Sometimes their presence goes undetected for a long period of time. This is one of the reasons you should consider a yearly inspection for peace of mind.
Pests can sense the coming colder months and they start to prepare for winter. So like summer, some pests are more active in the colder months.
- Cockroaches do not like the cold weather so they migrate indoors in search of a warm environment. They enter the home through drain pipes. Cockroaches can spread disease and increase the risk of asthma and other respiratory diseases. So once again yearly maintenance will reduce your exposure and chance of infestation.
- Spiders are very common all year round within Western Australia because of our beautiful weather. But moving into winter autumn when the weather starts cooling down. Spiders go in search of warm places for the winter and tend to move indoors. Places like carport and garages.
- Rodents such as mice and rats. Nobody like them around there homes. They come into our home in search of a warm dry home. Making homes in roof spaces and cupboards. These types of rodents are more common when outdoor pets or animals are present.